Connect with us

Entertainment

Big Zuu launches food waste eatery

Published

on

While the cost of living has hit everyone hard, a new study shows that 87% of Brits admit they regularly forget about food they’ve bought until it’s gone out of date. This is not only damaging pockets but also the planet.

Vegetables, bread and yoghurt, are the top three items that people throw away after they’ve gone off, having been forgotten until it’s too late.

In a bid to shine a light on food waste, comedy channel Dave has announced the launch of a new pop-up restaurant – Big Zuu’s Big Eatery – which promises to serve up a delicious three-course dinner based entirely on the food people are most likely to waste.

Big Zuu
Big Zuu has teamed up with Dave on a new restaurant (Credit: Cover Images)

Big Zuu opens new eatery

The restaurant is the brainchild of award-winning chef and presenter Big Zuu. It was created in response to the new research which reveals that a huge 83% of Brits admit to wasting food on a regular basis. The project aims to educate the public on recycling unused food items to help reduce waste.

TV channel Dave surveyed 2,000 British adults to shine a spotlight on the nation’s food waste. It revealed that two thirds (69%) of us throw out food because it’s too much effort to make new meals from leftovers. Meanwhile a similar amount admitted they struggled to be creative with leftovers.

‘A huge issue’

“Food waste is a huge issue on the UK. I want to help people reduce their waste by creating delicious meals from the stuff they might be about to throw out!” He then added: “Forget your tired, boring attempts at leftovers, because I’m about to show you how to spice up those everyday ingredients you forget to use,” Big Zuu said.

“Come down to my new joint and experience the peng eats we’ve created that are sure to awaken your tastebuds.”

Big Zuu
Grub’s up! (Credit: Cover Images)

So what’s on the menu?

Menu items created by Big Zuu which will be available at the restaurant include salted cod and monkfish croquettes with tzatziki. Focaccia dough marinara pizza with Romesco sauce is also on the menu.

The pop-up celebrates the launch of series four of the BAFTA award-winning TV series Big Zuu’s Big Eats. It’s airing on Dave and UKTV Play. The new episodes feature guest stars such as Jonathan Ross, Aitch and Alex Scott.

Cherie Hall from Dave said: “To mark the kick-off of series four we wanted to bring the dynamic, infectious and creative essence of the show to the public through a culinary pop-up experience that’s got Zuu, Tubsey and Hyder written all over it.”

Big Zuu’s Big Eatery will be open for business in London’s Covent Garden on, Friday October 6 and Saturday October 7. A limited number of tickets will be available via Eventbrite to book at 12pm.

Read more: Linda Nolan shares health update as cancer ‘moves in’

YouTube video player

So will you be going? Tell us on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix.


Nancy started out at ED! as a freelance writer in early 2019, joining the team permanently as lifestyle editor just before the pandemic started. Since then, she’s gone from writing about the latest Cadbury and Baileys launches to interviewing celebrities after a promotion to features editor. Nancy is now associate editor and helping oversee the site’s showbiz news, TV reaction stories and lusting over every outfit Holly Willoughby wears!


Source link

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

Katie Price explains truth to news reports her neighbours ‘hate her’

Published

on

By


Reality TV star Katie Price has recently set the record straight about news claims that her new neighbours are less than thrilled with her moving into the area.

The 46-year-old recently downsized from her Mucky Mansi0n and moved into a four-bed house in Sussex. However, articles have claimed that Katie’s new neighbours have reacted poorly to their new arrival.

In the media, it was reported that some neighbours were even considering selling their homes.

Katie Price news

The TV personality tackled these claims head-on during an episode of her podcast, The Katie Price Show.

In a snippet posted earlier today, Katie and co-host and sister Sophie discussed the rumours.

“They put a story up saying that all my neighbours hate me and a lot of them are like talking about putting their house up on the market because I’ve moved there,” she complained.

But according to Katie, the reality couldn’t be more different. She went on to explain her actual experience with those living nearby.

She said: “But I’d like to say I’ve got lovely neighbours because they’ve all given me cards, been round, introduced themselves, and I’ve got lovely neighbours, and I l0ve it that they’ve welcomed me there.”

The former model concluded her defence with a defiant remark: “So up yours media. Another **** story.”

Katie Price
Katie Price debunked rumours that her new neighbours hate her. (Credit: Cover Images)

Fans react

Fans of the star took to the comments to share their support.

“When I read that story online that’s exactly what I thought! What a load of ****,” one fan fumed.

“Don’t worry @thekatiepriceshow you’re well liked,” another shared her support for the star.

A third cheered: “Well done. Keep calling it out. Don’t let them win.”

“F the haters @katieprice best of luck in your new home,” a fourth commented.

Katie Price smiling with curly hair at NTAs
Katie is planning to get more plastic surgery(Credit: Cover Images)

Katie Price on plastic surgery

Meanwhile, the I’m A Celebrity alum has recently announced her intention to go under the knife yet again.

Katie is famous for her countless plastic surgeries – which include a facelift and multiple boob jobs.

In a new interview with MailOnline, the star gushed about wanting to be a “Bratz doll”.

“It’s my body and I do what I want to do. That’s how it should be, our body, your choice,” she defended herself. She also revealed she is planning to have a 17th boob job and a sixth facelift.

Read more: Katie Price makes plastic surgery vow as she prepares for 17th boob job and sixth facelift

Head to our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and let us know what you think of this story.





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Tess Daly stuns in swimsuit on Instagram on break away

Published

on

By


Tess Daly has delighted her Instagram fans with some snaps from a recent trip away.

“Couple of days away and even brought the boys along,” Tess captioned the carousel of photos.

They show her kicking back in the pool in a gorgeous white swimsuit which showed off her enviable tan, before enjoying a scrummy-looking lunch out.

By “boys”, she of course meant her beloved dogs, one of which can be seen basking in the sun with her.

Tess Daly on Instagram

Tess’s many adoring followers couldn’t get enough of the gorgeous photos, with the comment section flooding with love for the Strictly presenter.

“Love it. The swimming pool picture looks like something straight out of an old Hollywood movie!” One person said.

A second follower commented: “Looks like an idyllic getaway, Tess! Love that you brought the furry kids along.”

A third also told Tess: “ENJOY. Looks lovely. Lie back relax !”

“Gorgeous,” commented several others, with many also asking where Tess’s swimsuit and handbag had come from.

Tess Daly’s ‘friendship’ with Queen Camilla

Many speculated over whether the star had been holidaying in Windsor, which seems fitting after it was recently revealed that Tess has a royal connection. 

Tess Daly at the BAFTAs
Tess has been mixing with royalty! (Credit: Cover Images)

Earlier this week, Tess’s hubby Vernon Kay let slip that Tess is pals with none other than Queen Camilla, who is apparently a big Strictly Come Dancing fan.

“Camilla and Tess have a real friendship through it now,” Vernon told The Sun. “When they see each other, the Queen is always asking: ‘Who is your favourite?’ She wants to know the backstage gossip.”

Read more: Tess Daly has ‘real friendship’ with Queen Camilla as royal ‘big Strictly fan’, says husband Vernon Kay

So what did you think of this story? You can leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and then let us know.





Source link

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Princess Anne ‘will want to recover quickly’ following accident

Published

on

By


Princess Anne remains in hospital after being involved in an accident recently.

The Princess Royal, 73, was rushed to Southmead Hospital in Bristol after reportedly being injured by a horse on the Gatcombe Park estate in Gloucestershire on Sunday.

Anne reportedly suffered minor injuries and a concussion.

Princess Anne on horse
Princess Anne reportedly became injured by a horse on Sunday (Credit: Cover Images)

Princess Anne news

Buckingham Palace have said that she is “in a comfortable condition” and “recovering well”. She will reportedly leave hospital later on this week and eventually make a full recovery.

However, a royal insider has now claimed that the incident will nevertheless have a “big impact” on her.

In an interview with Slingo, King Charles’ former butler, Grant Harrold, discussed how Princess Anne will bounce back from her accident.

As one of the hardest-working members of the Royal family, it’s going to have a big impact on her.

“Anne could be out of royal duties for the next few days or even weeks,” he speculated.

Indeed, she has already had to cancel a string of royal duties – a trip to Canada planned for the end of this week has postponed and she will also miss the banquet for the Japanese state visit which will take place next Tuesday.

“As one of the hardest-working members of the Royal family, it’s going to have a big impact on her,” Grant claimed, “This incident will probably make Anne even more determined to ensure it doesn’t happen again.”

Princess Anne smiling in green outfit
The Princess Royal has become “the hardest working royal” according to many (Credit: Cover Images)

Princess Anne ‘doesn’t let anything faze her’

However, he reckoned that the Princess Royal would do her best to recover quickly.

“I know she will want to recover quickly so she can get back to her royal duties. She’s somebody who wants to get on with what she’s expected to do,” he said.

“Anne undertakes more engagements than anyone. In some years she’s done 500 odd engagements, and the King has done 400 odd engagements. She has definitely been the hardest working royal for many, many years. She often does double the amount of engagements compared to William and Catherine.”

Princess Anne in carriage for royal engagement
Anne will want to recover quickly, a royal butler claims (Credit: Cover Images)

Grant also predicted that the Princess Royal will put on a brave face in spite of the setback.

“You only have to look at footage of her from over the years, and she just doesn’t let anything faze her,” he said. “I met with her on many occasions when I worked with the now King. I really liked how straight-talking she was with everyone. She was like her father, Prince Philip, in that sense – but without the swearing.”

The palace added on Monday: “The King has been kept closely informed and joins the whole Royal Family in sending his fondest love and well-wishes to The Princess for a speedy recovery.”

Read more: Bake Off star Paul Hollywood ‘promised’ to make Princess Anne a baked good: ‘I put myself on the spot there’

Why not leave us a comment on our Facebook page @EntertainmentDailyFix and share your well wishes for Princess Anne?



Source link

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2023 Dailycrunch. & Managed by Shade Marketing & PR Agency